Fortune FameWhen is the next academy and when is the application deadline?
2 days ago
SAPD CareersThe next academy is January 25th, but likely too late to be admitted to it. The likely date for the following academy will be around June. Apply today to ensure you can be in the next class after January.
A bonus for current or previous law enforcement officers. The criteria are as follows:
Modified Training Academy Requirements:
1. In addition to meeting all other pre-employment eligibility requirements, to be eligible for the modified training academy, an applicant must be currently or recently employed with at least three years active service as a full-time, paid police officer in a patrol function for a municipal, county, and/or state law enforcement agency that serves a population of 100,000 or more.
2. "Recently employed" means that separation from the law enforcement agency at which the applicant was previously employed occurred less than 180 days prior to the time of the submission of an application to the department.
3. "Active service" means law enforcement experience where the primary duties involve the handling of a full array of police work, including, but not limited to, responding to all types of calls for service (i.e., motor vehicle crashes, civil disputes, family disturbances, property crimes, assaults, etc.). Questions regarding whether an applicant meets the "active service" requirement will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Department Head.
4. Employment experience with the following types of positions does not qualify for the modified academy : military police, school or university police, and jailers.
5. Applicants currently or recently employed by a Texas law enforcement agency must hold a valid and active TCOLE license.
6. Applicants currently or recently employed by a law enforcement agency other than a Texas law enforcement agency must meet current TCOLE requirements to be licensed as a peace officer in the State of Texas and have passed the TCOLE licensing exam at least two weeks prior to the start of the modified training academy. ... See MoreSee Less
We have some great news if you haven't already heard:
* The SAPD has implemented a sign sign on bonus of $5,000 to those who are appointed to future cadet classes. Cadets will receive half the bonus within 30 days of beginning the academy and the balance a few weeks prior to graduation.
* Law enforcement officers can now attend a modified training academy if they meet the modified training academy requirements as well as all pre-employment eligibility requirements.
Contact a recruiter with questions, (210) 207-5050.
Dominique MallettI have a resisting arrest charge from when I was 17 how can I find out what class it is? I keep getting different answers on the time I need to wait to apply. I applied few years ago when I was still active duty they said reapply. But now I called they said I cannot apply.
4 days ago
Trey YbarboThe more and more I see and keep reading this I'm becoming more interested. I think it's time to finally contact a SAPD recruiter