About San Antonio
Despite its size — San Antonio is the seventh largest city in the U.S. — San Antonio maintains a small-town charm where people are friendly, family-focused and rally behind their city. San Antonio provides a diverse cultural mix with a number of attractions including sports (home of the World Champion San Antonio Spurs), recreation, shopping and cuisine. Combine those with a beautiful climate and a thriving economy and you’ve got a perfect place to call home.
Here are a few recognitions San Antonio has received:
- Forbes named San Antonio the Best City for Jobs Right Now (2011).
- The Milken Institute ranked San Antonio as the nation’s best-performing city in its annual ranking of 200 metropolitan areas (2011).
- The Brookings Institute named San Antonio one of the 20 strongest-performing metro areas (2011).
- ForbesTraveler.com named San Antonio one of nation’s top 10 golf cities (2009).
- Southern Living Readers’ Choice Award, ranked San Antonio among top ten southern cities (2009).
- NBC’s Today Show ranked San Antonio as one of the five friendliest cities in the U.S. (2008). The city was judged on safety, diversity, the amount of parks and public spaces, civic celebrations and personal stories of friendliness.
- Relocate-American named San Antonio as one of the top ten best places to live in America (2008).