Quality of Life
Move to San Antonio to discover a quality of life that brings new businesses to the area, entices tourists and makes it one of the most livable and desirable cities in the nation. From beautiful weather to moderate cost of living to a strong education market, San Antonio is the place to start, and finish, your career.
San Antonians enjoy:
- Relatively mild weather throughout the year with the average temperature at 69.1 degrees. While are summers are hot, with average temperatures in the 90s in July and August, the remaining months are cool and comfortable.
- Ethnic diversity showcasing numerous great heritages of the area including Hispanic and German.
- A diverse arts and culture profile including numerous festivals (Fiesta!) and attractions.
- Growing sports profile, including the San Antonio Spurs (NBA), Silver Stars (WNBA), Rampage (hockey), Scorpions (soccer) and Missions (baseball, Double-A affiliate).
- Many biking trails, parks and public golf courses for weekend outings.
- Fourteen colleges and universities in the area offering degrees in all major fields of study, including the University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio College and Texas A&M San Antonio.
- Eclectic cuisine offerings from well-known chefs including John Besh, Stephan Pyles, Jason Dady and Johnny Hernandez.